Business Use for a Android Tablet PC
Business Apps for Tablet PCs
Many businesses have realized the business use for a Android tablet PC and are adopting tablets into the everyday work patterns. The convenience of carrying a tablet into meetings instead of a notebook is obvious.
Many analysts are predicting that by 2015, 30% of the population will own a tablet PC, and by 2016, the Android tablet will dominate sales. There has been a lot of discussion about the fun usages of a tablet PC, but what about using a tablet PC for business? Is it practical? Do applications exist to make it even feasible? Here is a list of business related functions that you can do with an Android tablet PC:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint: There are a couple of good apps that will allow you to create, view and/or edit Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents. Make last minute changes to your Powerpoint presentation, display the presentation on your Tablet PC, or better yet, connect your Tablet to a High Definition TV via the HDMI port for a larger than life presentation. You can also access Google Docs to create, view, or edit any document.
- Email: Connect to your GMail account, and / or your companies email servers to manage your email from anywhere. Open attachments that are easily viewable on the larger Tablet display, save them locally, or to your cloud storage.
- Calendar: View your appointment schedule, make updates or add new appointments all from your Tablet PC.
- Remote Access to your PC: Use Android based applications to remotely connect to your PC at work or home and operate is just as if your were sitting in front of it. Run programs, update files, manage your email and calendar, perform those functions that you cannot do yet on your Tablet.
- Print: Use the Google Cloud Print application to print from your Tablet PC to any printer connected to a PC that you are authorized to use.
- Scan Documents or Photos: Install an app that uses the camera on the Tablet to scan any document or photo and save it as a JPG or PDF file.
- Contact Management: There are a number of applications that allow you to store information about your contacts including photos, personal details, follow-up reminders, notes about conversations, call dates and logs, etc.
- Financial Uses: There are a variety of financial related applications available including:
- Financial Calculators: Calculate loans, payoffs, mortgages, amortizations, savings goals, etc.
- Stocks, Bonds, Mutual funds: Most of the brokerages have Android based software available to monitor your investments including watching prices, trades, place trades, view reports, display charts, etc. There are also Forex applications for monitoring and trading currencies.
- Banking: Access your bank accounts to view balances, transfer funds, pay bills
- Exchange Rates: Monitor changes to currency exchange rates to help manage finances while traveling
- Video Conferencing: Using the front camera, and the video chat software included with your Android device, you can have a face to face meeting with anyone else who is also using either an Android based video chat, or the Google Talk software on a PC. Both of these applications are free and easily installed and used.
- WebEx for Android is an application that allows the user of any Android device to connect to a WebEx conference and view the presentation being displayed to the group. View content shared from any computer, including: documents, applications, or screen-sharing with live annotations. Zoom and scan the content by pinching the screen.
- Fuze Meeting is another online meeting software available for Android that can be used to host, attend, and start any clould-based online meetings with multi-party HD video conferencing.
- Social Media Apps: Keep your Facebook and Twitter accounts current, plus stay on top of tweets and comments.
- Travel Apps: When your business requires you to travel, here are some nice applications to help make the trip go smoother.
- Translation Apps: When traveling to other countries, easily translate your words into the local language
- Google Earth: Before you arrive on your trip, log into Google Earth and zoom into specific areas to preview the surrounding area. Check out buildings, streets, restaurants, tourist hot spots, etc. Be already familiar with where you are going, before you get there, so there are no surprises.
- Google Places: Use Google Places to check out what is near your hotel. Find restaurants, bars, entertainment, parking, etc.
- Airline Guides: Load up a airline guide to keep track of your flights, check the status of your flight, or make changes to your itinerary from anywhere.
- Expense Tracking: There are many expense tracking apps that let you easily and quickly log your reimbursable expenses. Make that expense report come together easily.
- Driving Directions: Use Google Maps to give you turn-by-turn directions to where ever you need to go
- Track Billable Hours: If your charge your clients by the hour, easily input and track your time and which client to bill to.
- Track Packages: Are you waiting for that important package to show up from UPS or FedEx? Keep track of it delivery progress on your Tablet PC.
- Real Estate: Access MLS listings, search for property, track your clients, show photos of houses from the larger sized Tablet PC display to cut down on driving and showing property.\
These are just the major type of business use for a Android tablet PC. There are many more applications for more detailed and that solve vertical needs. Stop lugging around that bulky laptop computer, and go with a ultra mobile computing device like a Android tablet PC that weights less than 1.5 pounds.
© 2014, Tablet PC Devices. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby recognized