Adobe Flash For Android Tablets
When Android tablets were first released, they used Adobe Flash for Android to allow users to view Flash content. Then the technology is moving away from Flash in favor of HTML 5. Beginning with Android 4.1 Adobe Flash was no longer included or supported. However, there is still a lot of content that required Adobe Flash. So, how do you get Adobe Flash on Android tablets with Android 4.1 or greater?
All devices running Android versions between 2.2 and 4.0, inclusive, are compatible with Adobe Flash 11. Devices with Android 3.0 will benefit from enhanced browser handling of websites containing both Flash, HTML, and images. Each component will be rendered quickly and maintain their separate positions. Devices using Android 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4 will not benefit from this enhanced browser feature and still may see some overlapping of components.
Apple has banned the Adobe Flash product from all its devices, including the iPad. This is more than an annoyance to users since many websites and applications use Flash for at least a portion of their development. Some websites contain a significant amount of Flash, which results in a blank display on devices not supporting Flash.
Here is how to install Adobe Flash on Android tablets with Android 4.1 or greater:
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the Internet.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Security (or Applications, on older Android OSs).
- Place a checkmark next to the “Unknown sources” check box.
- Tap OK to confirm your selection.
- Close Settings.
- Launch the browser.
- Search for “flash player archive page” or navigate directly to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html
- On the Archive page, scroll down to “Flash Player for Android archives”
- Select a version of Flash Player that is compatible with your Android operating system.
- Tap the link to download the Flash Player installer. Download begins automatically.
- When download completes, close the browser.
- Open Notifications.
- Tap “install_flash_player.apk”
- When prompted, tap Install.
- When installation is finished, tap Done.